This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: Patch: Platform HAL (ecos) port for Samsung's ARM9 processor board, SMDK2410
- From: Nick Garnett <nickg at ecoscentric dot com>
- To: "Michael Anburaj" <embeddedeng at hotmail dot com>
- Cc: ecos-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: 06 Aug 2003 18:28:20 +0100
- Subject: Re: Patch: Platform HAL (ecos) port for Samsung's ARM9 processor board, SMDK2410
- References: <Law15-F39XIm1AzJXgH0002f76c@hotmail.com>
"Michael Anburaj" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> Hi Nick,
> >I've just tried applying this patch. Unfortunately, your mail reader
> I did the following on RH 9:
> $ gzip smdk2410.patch
> & sending it from Mozilla :)
> Thanks a lot,
Great, that was much better. I've now checked it all it. You should do
a "cvs update -d" and make sure everything is how you expect.
A couple of points:
1. I suspect you are an emacs user, since you left all the *~ files
in. this nearly doubled the size of the patch. For future
reference, adding -x "*~" to the diff line would eliminate these.
2. You didn't include any ChangeLogs in the patch. In this instance
I've written them for you since they are trivial. However,
ChangeLogs from the actual author are to be preferred, and we
maintainers, being essentially lazy, would be far less inclined to
accept a patch without them :-).
Nick Garnett eCos Kernel Architect
http://www.ecoscentric.com The eCos and RedBoot experts