This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: RealTek 8139 driver, 2. revision
- From: "Michael Anburaj" <embeddedeng at hotmail dot com>
- To: Eric dot Doenges at DynaPel dot de
- Cc: ecos-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 01:32:21 +0000
- Subject: Re: RealTek 8139 driver, 2. revision
Just curious :-)
Line number 1173 of if_8139.c <revision 3>:
* The 8139 prepends each packet with a 32 bit packet header that
* contains a 16 bit length and 16 bit status field, in little-endian
* byte order.
header = HAL_LE32TOC(*((volatile cyg_uint32
1st line of code:
Invalidates the Dcache line for ?header? info <so that, if someone reads it
later on; A Dcache line fill will occur & then read out from the Dcache>.
2nd line of code:
Reads the ?header? info directly from the memory & not the cache. So, even
if Dcache line invalidate (1st line of code) is not there; this would work
fine. Am I right?
So, is the 1st line (Dcache line invalidate) intended to solve cache
coherency problem for later access to header info. from the Dcache. Or am I
missing something here?
Thanks & Cheers,
<b>MSN 8:</b> Get 6 months for $9.95/month.