This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: Updated VNC server
- From: Gary Thomas <gary at mlbassoc dot com>
- To: Chris Garry <cgarry at sweeneydesign dot co dot uk>
- Cc: eCos patches <ecos-patches at sources dot redhat dot com>
- Date: 27 Aug 2003 08:44:30 -0600
- Subject: Re: Updated VNC server
- Organization: MLB Associates
- References: <007801c36c74$07b1e110$500ba8c0@jasper>
On Wed, 2003-08-27 at 02:20, Chris Garry wrote:
> This is an updated version of the VNC server I submitted on 22-Aug-2003.
> It now includes a VncPrintf() function for writing text.
> Also included is a simple test app, vnc-test.elf.
I have a few copyright questions:
* The code in src/vnc-server.c seems to have come from a support
template, probably VNC itself. What is the origin of this code,
and do you have the rights to redistribute it, and under what
* The "fonts" directory - where did these come from? None of them
have copyright claims (or disclaimers).
We'll need to iron these out before I can merge the code into the
Other than these technical details, I like it and want to "publish"
it as soon as possible.
> > Attached is the tidied up VNC server, hopefully in a state good enough to be
> > included in the main sources.
> > It works with either the BSD stack or the lwIP stack - though the BSD stack
> > looks to work much better.
> > Files:
> > vnc-server.epk
> > This is the VNC server itself, plus keyboard, mouse and screen drivers for
> > MicroWindows.
> > vnc-server.html_
> > (Needs to rename to vnc-server.html)
> > This is the documentation for the VNC server. This needs to be placed in the
> > packages\net\vnc_server\current\doc\ directory. I found that the .epk would
> > not add correctly with the administration tool if this was included when I created
> > the .epk file.
> > mw-vnc-update.pat
> > Patch file that adds support to MicroWindows for the VNC server.
> > --
> > Chris Garry
> > Sweeney Design Ltd
> > Cambridge, UK
> > www.sweeneydesign.co.uk
Gary Thomas <email@example.com>