This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: blib kernel dependency patch
- From: Andrew Lunn <andrew at lunn dot ch>
- To: Savin Zlobec <savin at elatec dot si>
- Cc: ecos-patches at sources dot redhat dot com
- Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2004 09:00:05 +0200
- Subject: Re: blib kernel dependency patch
- References: <40DFE166.firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Mon, Jun 28, 2004 at 11:14:14AM +0200, Savin Zlobec wrote:
> this patch changes the cyg_mempool_fix_* based internal blib block
> memory pool managment
> with custom (much simpler) block memory pool funs. With this change blib
> no more depends on
> the kernel package.
I don't think the memalloc package is dependent on the kernel. There
is something in the docs/notes.txt about this. Do we realy need yet
another set of memory allocation functions?
Having said that, i've never tried to use the package without the
kernel. So i've no idea how easy it is to make it work.