This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re-2: Support for run-time heapsizing and multiple heaps
- From: eibach at gdsys dot de
- To: jifl at jifvik dot org
- Cc: ecos-patches at ecos dot sourceware dot org
- Date: 11 May 2005 06:01:19 UT
- Subject: Re-2: Support for run-time heapsizing and multiple heaps
> Can you tell me in what scenario HAL_MEM_REAL_REGION_TOP is not capable of
> handling this already? It should be able to map arbitrary addresses of
> tops of heaps at runtime. It was very much intended to handle this type of
We have the following scenario:
Two memory areas, one is fixed 2 MB size, the other may 2 MB or 0 MB. In the first area we have heap1, heap2 is in the second area. HAL_MEM_REAL_REGION_TOP handles this pretty well, but when the constructor of Cyg_Mempool_Joined is called it fails when heap2 is 0 MB size. That should be fixed by my patch.