This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: TFTP client: const parameters where appropriate
- From: David Vrabel <dvrabel at arcom dot com>
- To: Andrew Lunn <andrew at lunn dot ch>
- Cc: eCos Patches <ecos-patches at ecos dot sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 16:14:38 +0100
- Subject: Re: TFTP client: const parameters where appropriate
- References: <431C4685.email@example.com> <20050916145711.GH16074@lunn.ch>
Andrew Lunn wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 05, 2005 at 02:22:13PM +0100, David Vrabel wrote:
>>The attached patch makes the tftp_client_put and tftp_client_get
>>parameters const where appropriate.
> I went a bit further and added some more consts.
I think you got a little carried away here...
> + int * const err);
I think you should have used my patch as-is. Having stuff like this in
the API is a tad confusing as sprinkling parameters with useless (from
the point of the caller) const's is not something normally[*] done.
[*] I think I've only see stuff like the above in examples of useless
uses of const...
David Vrabel, Design Engineer
Arcom, Clifton Road Tel: +44 (0)1223 411200 ext. 3233
Cambridge CB1 7EA, UK Web: http://www.arcom.com/