This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: Patch for Dallas DS12887 regarding Intel PC architectures
- From: Jonathan Larmour <jifl at eCosCentric dot com>
- To: dfernandez at cct dot co dot uk
- Cc: ecos-patches at ecos dot sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2006 13:58:51 +0000
- Subject: Re: Patch for Dallas DS12887 regarding Intel PC architectures
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
David Fernandez wrote:
This fixes a small bug that causes NMIs being disabled or enabled in PCs
when using this device.
We should avoid introducing changes #ifdeffed for specific targets in
generic code, especially so in this case when it's avoidable.
We should allow an override of DS_READ/DS_WRITE so that
set its own DS_READ/DS_WRITE. A patch that did this would be great, thanks.
eCosCentric http://www.eCosCentric.com/ The eCos and RedBoot experts
------["The best things in life aren't things."]------ Opinions==mine