This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: [PATCH] Speed-up decimal formatting in *printf().
- From: Jonathan Larmour <jifl at eCosCentric dot com>
- To: Sergei Organov <osv at javad dot com>
- Cc: ecos-patches at ecos dot sourceware dot org
- Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 21:37:29 +0000
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Speed-up decimal formatting in *printf().
- References: <email@example.com>
Sergei Organov wrote:
The patch below boosts performance of decimal formatting of integers by
roughly a factor of 2 on ARM7 CPU without hardware integer division. In
fact it replaces integer modulo operation with multiply and subtract,
that hopefully is either faster or roughly the same on all supported
I agree. I've applied the patch, thanks!
eCosCentric http://www.eCosCentric.com/ The eCos and RedBoot experts
Company legal info, address and number: http://www.ecoscentric.com/legal
------["The best things in life aren't things."]------ Opinions==mine