This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: Baud rate range validation in serial devices
- From: Andrew Lunn <andrew at lunn dot ch>
- To: Alexander Aganichev <aaganichev at gmail dot com>
- Cc: ecos-patches at ecos dot sourceware dot org
- Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2007 21:12:00 +0200
- Subject: Re: Baud rate range validation in serial devices
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 05:00:51PM +0400, Alexander Aganichev wrote:
> Sorry, I'm an idiot :( Not tested patch well and put reverse
> conditions everywhere.
> Here is corrected patch.
> On 6/25/07, Alexander Aganichev <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> Here is a small patch applied to the lot's of serial device drivers
>> files that validates that baud rate is within the defined table. The
>> intention of the patch is to make easier to add support for the higher
>> speeds on platforms where that could be required without need to
>> update all other platforms every time.
Could you expand on that a little bit. What is there in the current
code which does not allow this? Range checking is nice, but i don't
see how it allows you to add additional baud rates.