This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: AT91 HAL, AT91 USB, AT91 flash and USB-serial patches
- From: "Gábor Török" <tgabor84 at gmail dot com>
- To: ecos-patches at ecos dot sourceware dot org
- Date: Sat, 8 Nov 2008 23:12:15 +0100
- Subject: Re: AT91 HAL, AT91 USB, AT91 flash and USB-serial patches
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:received:received:message-id:date:from:to :subject:in-reply-to:mime-version:content-type :content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition:references; bh=w1Zd1z3UUBc/UonAdXyWTybQY/Y+CuzEvRhQ3vYDi1Q=; b=IiXniQ0IejuUQo0gCG/bl+j6cxiiCX30h902LeFDwEvaJevmlIyE6lBvbIgq3o/mQr TTnn09k4xl1zbYBPBVKtA66Dr26GcETcOrfi9CiAcuovI+LQWddrfIyxZsi0ND48kkyo 3g6960UUtKbadZW+q/3hRVM4RhyVKk+KqFZS8=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:to:subject:in-reply-to:mime-version :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:content-disposition :references; b=no1HVGGBdoNHuQkhZ2AeZJweyvUhd5tDzwR35B2XKtnZuJ4Xy7YnG9hP3RTl2Rrmew I7oSYIqBEnlkzac2AIg3N9T7TWVUzLX7An8nQKcn96Hb18XVAsq80Mose6LPNLQ085Zz nqReQZMTq4dGXZS8UcmpYZCT4SsHpuJ1gUfaw=
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20081103135529.GK388@lunn.ch> <email@example.com> <20081108214044.GA5806@lunn.ch> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
From: Gábor Török <email@example.com>
Date: Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 11:11 PM
Subject: Re: AT91 HAL, AT91 USB, AT91 flash and USB-serial patches
To: Andrew Lunn <firstname.lastname@example.org>
On Sat, Nov 8, 2008 at 10:40 PM, Andrew Lunn <email@example.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 08, 2008 at 10:32:44PM +0100, G?bor T?r?k wrote:
>> Hi Andrew,
>> I was merging my working copy with the CVS, and there was one problem:
>> CVS checked out the newly added linker templates with stange CR+LF+CR
>> line endings ...
> It seems like the files you submitted are in M$ line-ending format.
Yes, I copied them from the other linker scripts (the have M$ line
endings in my working copy), and used Notepad++ (keeps original line
endings) to modify them.
> What format where you expected?
> My experience is that Unix tool often correctly handle M$ line-ending
> format, however M$ tools sometimes have trouble with Unix line
> If you want i can dos2unix the files. I often do do this for new
I expected to check out the same files I submitted :) I don't have
problem with most of the repository, so for me it would be the best to
all repository files have the same line endings. I don't know where
was the problem, I don't have experience with WinCVS, I use it only
for the eCos repository.