This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: Large patch to merge in changes for gcc 4.3
- From: Jonathan Larmour <jifl at eCosCentric dot com>
- To: "simon dot kallweit at intefo dot ch" <simon dot kallweit at intefo dot ch>
- Cc: eCos Patches List <ecos-patches at ecos dot sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 14:51:45 +0000
- Subject: Re: Large patch to merge in changes for gcc 4.3
- Openpgp: id=A5FB74E6
- References: <49190329.8060904@eCosCentric.com> <4919368A.email@example.com>
> Jonathan Larmour wrote:
>> The attached patch is a merge of changes from eCosCentric's internal tree
>> to anoncvs, in order to support updated tools based on GCC 4.3.2. We have
>> these updated tools stable, and this patch is the precursor to announcing
>> the availability of the tools for wider testing.
> Do you know if this patch also fixes debugging synth binaries with gdb
> 6.8 on Debian/Ubuntu, which were compiled with a new 4.x toolchain?
This patch wouldn't change anything there, sorry.
> Is there internal discussion about moving to another VCS? I think most
> of the community would agree.
It was discussed on ecos-discuss, and it will happen, but only after eCos
3.0 is out of the way.
There was still discussion on what would be better (SVN, Mercurial, Bazaar
was also mentioned). That's a discussion to continue later :-).
eCosCentric Limited http://www.eCosCentric.com/ The eCos experts
Barnwell House, Barnwell Drive, Cambridge, UK. Tel: +44 1223 245571
Registered in England and Wales: Reg No 4422071.
------["Si fractum non sit, noli id reficere"]------ Opinions==mine