This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: Cortex-M diagnostic exception dumps
- From: Nick Garnett <nickg at ecoscentric dot com>
- To: "simon dot kallweit at intefo dot ch" <simon dot kallweit at intefo dot ch>
- Cc: ecos-patches at ecos dot sourceware dot org
- Date: 11 Nov 2008 17:43:29 +0000
- Subject: Re: Cortex-M diagnostic exception dumps
- References: <4914131A.firstname.lastname@example.org>
"email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> This is a small patch to add diagnostic exception dumps.
I'm not really happy with this. Having code in the architecture HAL
that calls up into the infra package is a violation of the layering of
the system. I am also concerned that the act of calling diag_printf()
will provoke another exception, which will put the system into a loop.
So, for now, I'm not going to check it in.
Nick Garnett eCos Kernel Architect
eCosCentric Limited http://www.eCosCentric.com The eCos experts
Barnwell House, Barnwell Drive, Cambridge, UK. Tel: +44 1223 245571
Registered in England and Wales: Reg No: 4422071