This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: Cortex-M diagnostic exception dumps
- From: Simon Kallweit <simon dot kallweit at intefo dot ch>
- To: Nick Garnett <nickg at ecoscentric dot com>
- Cc: ecos-patches at ecos dot sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2008 20:13:00 +0100
- Subject: Re: Cortex-M diagnostic exception dumps
- References: <4914131A.email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Nick Garnett schrieb:
"email@example.com" <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
This is a small patch to add diagnostic exception dumps.
I'm not really happy with this. Having code in the architecture HAL
that calls up into the infra package is a violation of the layering of
the system. I am also concerned that the act of calling diag_printf()
will provoke another exception, which will put the system into a loop.
I thought this to be OK as there is such an option in the ARM port. I
tried to use the GDB stub but didn't have much success yet, so I added
the dump. My problem is that I have been running a simple test for
several hours/days, which crashes due to a bus fault. I need to
investigate in that more, but it seems there is a bug in the port, as
the application does not do much more than reading from a serial and
writing to the diagnostic serial.