This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: Add dataflash to ecos.db
- From: Andrew Lunn <andrew at lunn dot ch>
- To: Jonathan Larmour <jifl at eCosCentric dot com>
- Cc: eCos Patches List <ecos-patches at ecos dot sourceware dot org>
- Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 14:58:26 +0100
- Subject: Re: Add dataflash to ecos.db
- References: <4922C6AD.9030408@eCosCentric.com>
On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 01:44:13PM +0000, Jonathan Larmour wrote:
> I accidentally forgot the dataflash driver so see the attached patch. I
> also may as well switch the synthetic target to the v2 driver. At some
> point we'll need to consider retiring the v1 driver. It can be now if
> people don't mind.
I used the old driver for testing the legacy API. It is also nice to
be able to test multiple instances of drivers. You can have both the
old and the new driver loaded into a configuration and see that they
enumerate properly etc.
I'm O.K for swapping to the v2 driver, but i would like to keep the v1
driver around simply for testing purposes. Also testing with synth
has a very low probability of producing a brick :-)