This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: more compiler flags - MIPS
- From: John Dallaway <john at dallaway dot org dot uk>
- To: Bart Veer <bartv at ecoscentric dot com>
- Cc: ecos-patches at sourceware dot org
- Date: Tue, 03 Feb 2009 21:48:45 +0000
- Subject: Re: more compiler flags - MIPS
- References: <email@example.com>
Bart Veer wrote:
> There is some confusion in the rm7000/ocelot HAL. The original CDL
> always used -mips2 for CFLAGS, but either -mips32 or -mips2 for
> LDFLAGS depending on endianness. I have assumed that the -mips32 was a
> typo and have switched to -mips2 throughout, but I don't know the
> details of this platform.
The RM7000 is a MIPS IV processor and does not support the entire MIPS32
instruction set. Compilation with -mips2 for this target was deliberate.
I expect the -mips32 linker switch is indeed erroneous.