Re: [Various] libc/2757: Multiple <bits/byteswap.h> erroneusinclude

Ulrich Drepper <drepper@redhat.com> writes:

> Andreas Jaeger <aj@suse.de> writes:
>
>> Like this?  Ok to commit for both branches?
>
> I don't see why this should be needed at all.  ISO C clearly demands
> that these redefinitions must be allowed.  Any compiler which doesn't

ISO C demands that redefinitions of macros are allowed to the same
macro as happens here.

But we also have some static inline functions in
e.g. sysdeps/generic/byteswap.h.  Are those double declarations
allowed?  I don't think so.

> allow this is broken and I have no intention to allow work-arounds for
> bugs in compilers (other than gcc) to be added.

It might also be a tiny (unmeasurable I guess :-) bit faster for GCC -
and a double inclusion guard is not some hack.

Andreas
--
 Andreas Jaeger
  SuSE Labs aj@suse.de