Re: [open-source] Re: Wish for 2002 ...

[..]
>  I see you are listed in the CREDITS file so here's a free clue...

You waste your venon on me.  I have no vested interest in glibc.
I was just making a comment on OpenSSH code.  I could careless what
you shove into glibc nor what crappy unreadable method of 'optimizing'
you use.

And had I realized I was walking into a "strl* should be in glibc" fight I
would have never bothred to post.

> /* non portable - easy */
>
>  if (apsrintf(&p, "%s%s", challenge, PROMPT) < 0)
>   /* error path -- looks like call abort() from above */;

hmm.. If you are whining about portablity.. snprintf() works as well and
is portable to most platforms (that don't have a borken snprintf()
versions).  But I would never suggest using it unless one was looking to
do a quick and dirty application.

- Ben