Re: Wish for 2002 ...

Thomas Bushnell, BSG <tb@becket.net> writes:
> Russ Allbery <rra@stanford.edu> writes:

>> autoconf contains no user C code, nor do I see any reason why it would
>> ever include strlcat and strlcpy implementations.

> Sorry, I was being horribly sloppy.  For autoconf, substitute, things
> like libiberty

Why would anyone want to put strlcpy into libiberty?  What GNU project
using libiberty wants to use strlcpy?

> and developers little fallback collection of functions for use together
> with autoconf.

Seems to me that they only pay this cost if they choose to use strlcpy.
If you agree that they shouldn't be doing that in the first place, why do
you want to help make it less costly to make a poor decision?