Problems with connecting programs compiled in CygWin

takeda@TAKEDA ~/cvs
$ cvs update -A
cvs [update aborted]: connect to cvs.eggheads.org:2401 failed: The
descriptor is a file, not a socket

How fix that?

It looks like this start happen when I upgrade cygwin (but I'm not sure that
there is problem)
but when I instal older version of cygwin bug still exists
Anyway TCL script can connect...

But compiled programs can't ie. eggdrop (can't even open socket)
cvs cant connect to server... IRCd exits without reason (probably it can't
open socket too...

Please tell me how to solve this,
thank you.

--