RE: Treatment of x:path again

> How would you suggest having something be 'relative to the current path'
> in cygwin, given the /cygdrive method of doing things?  cygwin has never
> kept track of the current directory of other drives.

Searching MSDN gives:

Routine Use
_chdir, _wchdir Change current working directory
_chdrive Change current drive
_getcwd, _wgetcwd Get current working directory for default drive
_getdcwd, _wgetdcwd Get current working directory for specified drive
_getdrive Get current (default) drive
_mkdir, _wmkdir Make new directory
_rmdir, _wrmdir Remove directory
_searchenv, _wsearchenv Search for given file on specified paths

_getdcwd looks promising. It is part of msvcrt.dll; and is included in Cygwin
export lib:

mw1g017@MW1G17C% nm /usr/lib/libmsvcrt.a | grep getdcwd
00000000 I __imp___wgetdcwd
00000000 T __wgetdcwd
00000000 T __getdcwd
00000000 I __imp___getdcwd

> If you'd like to submit a patch to somehow accomplish this, I'd be happy
> to apply it.

I may. Is module winsup still enough to build cygwin1.dll?

-andrej