Building in Cygwin to execute in Windows

I am trying to build an application developed on unix to run on
Windows. The application doesn't use any special unix calls to
require the unix emulation.

I used -mno-cygwin, but still I cannot run the executable from
the Dos command prompt. It complains that the dynamic link library
cygwin1.dll still could not be found. I have seen a discussion at
cygwin-developers
(http://www.delorie.com/archives/browse.cgi?p=cygwin-developers/2000/03/15/04:43:54)
that it needs gcc-2.95.2-mingw-extra.tar.gz for -mno-cygwin to work.

Could someone tell me if I should download the above file and extract it
into the lib directory for my application to work from the Windows
Command Prompt?

Thanks,
Suresh.