Re: newbie cygwin install

John,

I have no idea whether this is germane to your problems, but I was
under the impression that Service Pack 3 for Windows NT 4 does not
provide full year 2000 compatibility. Is it possible that there is a
date-related issue with those packages that fail to install on your
system?

Just a shot-in-the-dark guess....

Randall Schulz
Teknowledge Corp.