-include is not silent in 3.79.1

I don't know if this is a cygwin bug or a make bug, so I've sent to
both lists.  When the following makefile is run on W2K with the latest
cygwin make (3.79.1) it produces a warning message and should not.

# Makefile
-include bar.mk
bar.mk:
	touch $@

When executed on W2K generates:

17 OOPS:cimsoft$ make
Makefile:1: bar.mk: No such file or directory
echo "# hi" > bar.mk
make: `bar.mk' is up to date.
18 OOPS:cimsoft$ make --version
GNU Make version 3.79.1, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath.
Built for i686-pc-cygwin

When executed on redhat lynux generates:

[mecklen@wolf mecklen]$ make
touch bar.mk
make: `bar.mk' is up to date.
[mecklen@wolf mecklen]$ make --version
GNU Make version 3.78.1, by Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath.
Built for i386-redhat-linux-gnu

The info manual says that -include should not print messages if files
aren't found.  Thoughts?

Thanks,
--
Robert Mecklenburg