This is the mail archive of the ecos-bugs@sources.redhat.com mailing list for the eCos project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

[Bug 1000101] New: Can't get started.


http://bugs.ecos.sourceware.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1000101

           Summary: Can't get started.
           Product: eCos
           Version: unknown
          Platform: pc (i386 PC target)
        OS/Version: HostOS: Win NT/2k/XP
            Status: UNCONFIRMED
          Severity: major
          Priority: high
         Component: ConfigTool
        AssignedTo: jld@ecoscentric.com
        ReportedBy: dennis@bournetech.com
         QAContact: ecos-bugs@sources.redhat.com


I've followed the directions for downloading and using eCos and cannot get the 
configtool to work.  I'm sure this is easy to do, but I have gotten any 
traction over the past 8 hours.

I am using a PC with XP Pro as my development system.  I downloaded cygwin and 
successfully installed it per the instructions here:  
http://ecos.sourceware.org/cygwin.html

I have not had any problems with cygwin.

I then downloaded ecos using the script and it seemed to install in my 
c:\cygwin\opt\ecos folder.  This seemed to work great.  I specified the "i386-
elf" toolchain architecture.  All of this seemed to download well and work 
well.

However, I am not able to keep the configtool application running.  And by 
this it is meant that I can see the application start when I type in 
configtool on the bash command line, but all it does is inidiate that it is 
opening the repository, and then it goes away. poof.

It appears that the repository that the "sh ecos-install.tcl" script loaded 
does not have all of the directories that ecos is looking for.  There are many 
indications as such.

I should mention that there is an omission in the webpage instructions.  There 
should be a mention that the windows path should be set after installing 
cygwin to "c:cygwin/bin".  This is done by right clicking the MY_COMPUTER 
ICON, going to the "Advanced Tab" and setting the "Environment Variables" of 
which "path" is one.

Any help would be appreciated.



------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]