This is the mail archive of the ecos-bugs@sources.redhat.com mailing list for the eCos project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

[Bug 1000133] New: Problem declaring stacks for new threads


http://bugs.ecos.sourceware.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1000133

           Summary: Problem declaring stacks for new threads
           Product: eCos
           Version: 2.0
          Platform: integrator_arm7 (ARM INTEGRATOR w/ ARM7TDMI)
        OS/Version: ARM
            Status: UNCONFIRMED
          Severity: normal
          Priority: normal
         Component: Memory allocators
        AssignedTo: jifl@ecoscentric.com
        ReportedBy: federicodios@gmail.com
         QAContact: ecos-bugs@sources.redhat.com


I'm working with the ARM7TDMI chipset (2MbFlash-512kRam Combo) and I'm having 
problems while generating the binary files in order to flash them to the target 
device.

My program is running 5 threads and I need to add some more. When I declare the 
needed stack variable for a new thread, this problem comes up during the 
process of compiling & linking, aborting the creation of a binary file:


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


make -k all 

------------------------------------------
ALL       : creating objects (compiled & assembled sources)
   gps_start.o:     src/gps_start.c ==> gps_start.o
arm-elf-gcc -Wall -I./src -Iecos_lib/ecos_install/include -fno-rtti -fno-
exceptions -DNAV_ONLY_ECOS -DARM -DNAV_ONLY -DCLIENT_DEMO -DHW_TRACK -
DUSE_GSP2_ROM_FP -Os -fomit-frame-pointer  -c -o obj/gps_start.o 
src/gps_start.c 
cc1: warning: "-fno-rtti" is valid for C++ but not for C/ObjC

LINKER    : linking files to an absolute object sirf_demo.out
   src    : crc.o dp-bit.o fp-bit.o gps_demo.o gps_nmea.o gps_protocol.o 
gps_rtos.o gps_sirf.o gps_start.o gps_trk_asic.o gps_ui_msg.o gps_util.o 
gsm_handler.o gsp2_adc.o gsp2_cache.o gsp2_intr_ctrl.o gsp2_rom_fp_wrappers.o 
gsp2_rtc.o gsp2_speed.o gsp2_storage.o malloc.o select.o string32.o 
trk_engine.o trk_messages.o
   lib    : lib/SiRFgpsServer.a  
arm-elf-gcc -nostartfiles -L ecos_lib/ecos_install/lib -Ttarget.ld  -
mcpu=arm7tdmi -g -nostdlib -Wl,--gc-sections -Wl,-static    obj/crc.o obj/dp-
bit.o obj/fp-bit.o obj/gps_demo.o obj/gps_nmea.o obj/gps_protocol.o 
obj/gps_rtos.o obj/gps_sirf.o obj/gps_start.o obj/gps_trk_asic.o 
obj/gps_ui_msg.o obj/gps_util.o obj/gsm_handler.o obj/gsp2_adc.o 
obj/gsp2_cache.o obj/gsp2_intr_ctrl.o obj/gsp2_rom_fp_wrappers.o obj/gsp2_rtc.o 
obj/gsp2_speed.o obj/gsp2_storage.o obj/malloc.o obj/select.o obj/string32.o 
obj/trk_engine.o obj/trk_messages.o lib/SiRFgpsServer.a   -o bin/sirf_demo.out
/ecos-d/software/eCos_SDK/H-i686-pc-cygwin/bin/../lib/gcc-lib/arm-
elf/3.3.2/../../../../arm-elf/bin/ld: address 0x20f14 of bin/sirf_demo.out 
section .bss is not within region int_sram
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [sirf_demo.out] Error 1
make: Target `all' not remade because of errors.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------


I think my problem is during configuration of my eCos properties. I'd like to 
know what values (and how) do I need to change in order to avoid this memory 
problem.

Thanks in advance.

Federico Dios Vila



------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]