This is the mail archive of the ecos-bugs@sourceware.org mailing list for the eCos project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

[Bug 1000360] New: "make clean" doesn't remove files in install/lib.


http://bugzilla.ecoscentric.com/show_bug.cgi?id=1000360

           Summary: "make clean" doesn't remove files in install/lib.
           Product: eCos
           Version: CVS
          Platform: Other
        OS/Version: HostOS: Linux
            Status: UNCONFIRMED
          Severity: normal
          Priority: normal
         Component: ecosconfig
        AssignedTo: bartv@ecoscentric.com
        ReportedBy: osv@javad.com
         QAContact: ecos-bugs@sources.redhat.com


When I change configuration in the existing eCos build directory, then do 'make
clean', then 'make', the file libextras.a existing from previous build only gets
object files added to it, never removed. Thus, if I do, for example:

ecosconfig new ...
make   # fresh build
ecosconfig add fileio
make clean; make  # second build
ecosconfig remove fileio
make clean; make  # third build

I end up with libextras.a full of files that are left from the second build. As
libextras.a is then linked into extras.o that is in turn linked into the
application, the application gets things linked in that it doesn't need. In
particular, files

io_fileio_misc.o
io_fileio_devfs.o

from the second build are left in the libextras.a after the third build.

The only work-around I'm aware of is to manually remove the contents of the
install/lib directory after 'make clean'.

-- 
Configure bugmail: http://bugzilla.ecoscentric.com/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are the QA contact for the bug, or are watching the QA contact.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]