redboot serial port issue

Hello,

We have ported redboot on leon as ROM start-up, and
found "redboot>" prompt.

But there seems to be a problem with serial
communication.

When we burn the image and do a soft-reset (leon "ta
2") we switch to starting point of the newly burnt
flash image, and redboot prompt appears on the
terminal.
When "help" or any other command is executed the
terminal hangs....the only command which successfully
executes is "version" command.

After doing a hard-reset the control starts with newly
burnt flash image, and we find the "redboot prompt"
but this time when we type-in anything... we see "
Error: Illegal command: <nul>" and never we get
control.. back... and we find the above message
getting displayed on terminal forever.

Thanks for your help.

-Thanks
Harish