This is the mail archive of the
libc-alpha@sourceware.org
mailing list for the glibc project.
Re: [PATCH v2] New configure option --disable-crypt.
- From: Zack Weinberg <zackw at panix dot com>
- To: Rical Jasan <rj at 2c3t dot io>
- Cc: GNU C Library <libc-alpha at sourceware dot org>, "Carlos O'Donell" <carlos at redhat dot com>, Florian Weimer <fweimer at redhat dot com>, Nikos Mavrogiannopoulos <nmav at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2018 11:22:12 -0400
- Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] New configure option --disable-crypt.
- References: <20180418183411.4828-1-zackw@panix.com> <0e8ffb1b-afd4-ab6e-04ac-bf5e954833ab@2c3t.io>
On Wed, Apr 18, 2018 at 5:05 PM, Rical Jasan <rj@2c3t.io> wrote:
> It looks like --runstatedir slipped in to the generated configure. I'm
> not opposed to it in general, and I don't think it's used anywhere
> anyway, but it doesn't seem related, and isn't mentioned. I think it's
> an artifact of autotools versions.
Yeah, it is. I have Debian's autoconf 2.69, which has --runstatedir
backported from autoconf trunk. I can hand-edit that back out if
people think it's worth avoiding the churn.
> I believe --disable-crypt should also be added to install.texi (and
> INSTALL regenerated, IIRC).
Will fix.
> There is also an entire chapter in the manual devoted to these
> functions. It does convey, "Don't do this," to an extent -- in a number
> of ways -- but I'm open to suggestions for improvement, particularly in
> light of this patch. It's a pretty short chapter.
Yeah, I'm just looking over that chapter now.
zw