This is the mail archive of the libc-alpha@sourceware.org mailing list for the glibc project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: [PATCH] nptl: Move pthread_equal implementation into libc


* Zack Weinberg:

> On Tue, Aug 13, 2019 at 4:18 PM Florian Weimer <fw@deneb.enyo.de> wrote:
>> My goal is to get rid of the forwarders than do not depend on internal
>> libpthread state fairly quickly, and then move the rest once the
>> __libc_single_threaded flag has been around for a while (so that
>> applications do not have to use pthread_create or something else for
>> guiding optimization of atomics).
>
> FYI, I did some work on this last year, but I never posted the
> patches, because I discovered that a complete job would be easier if
> we first merged Adhemerval's cancellation overhaul.

I think there isn't an inherent dependency, just fewer textual changes
as the result.

> That's still waiting for review, right?  We should really get that
> done _anyway_...

I can try to review it this cycle.

Thanks,
Florian


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]