This is the mail archive of the systemtap@sourceware.org mailing list for the systemtap project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: systemtap ARM port status


On 6/1/07, Quentin Barnes <qbarnes@urbana.css.mot.com> wrote:
On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 04:12:58PM -0400, Anderson Lizardo wrote:
>We are using the patches you sent to LKML a while ago. Any changes to
>those patches since then?

I never posted anything to the LKML mailing list.  I've only posted
to Sytemtap (this list) and the ARM Kernel mailing list.  You should
definitely use the work from my post to the latter on May 17.

My mistake. I subscribe to both LKML and linux-arm, and I was under the impression it was sent to the former.

>BTW, we had a couple of problems getting them to compile for OMAP and
>QEMU (emulated Versatile platform):
[...]

I just recompiled my kernel with the patches from linux-arm and all went ok. I have originally taken the patches from gmane archives, and they somehow became corrupted.

Where did you get your CodeSourcery compiler from?  Are you running
the binary release, or did you build it yourself from the source
release?  Or could someone have hacked the default compiler flags in
your arch/arm/Makefile?

Sounds like you've got both a bad patch and a misconfigured GCC
compiler.

The compiler was the binary distribution from CodeSourcery. It seems all reported errors were from corrupted patches. We're now testing the latest 20070602 systemtap snapshot which seems to include ARM support (from what I've read on its Changelog).

Thanks for your help! Regards,
--
Anderson Lizardo
Open Source Mobile Research Center - OSMRC
Nokia Institute of Technology - INdT
Manaus - Brazil


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]