This is the mail archive of the systemtap@sourceware.org mailing list for the systemtap project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]
Other format: [Raw text]

Re: ARM port of testsuite and general testsuite fixes


The difference in tcl between {foo bar} and {foo\ bar} is whether as a list
it's considered two elements or one, so that might be the issue.

I don't know the nuances of the TCL language. In the grammar, do brackets always define a list, or only when the preceding keyword is syntactically expecting a list to follow?


If whitespace is being parsed as a list separator, I would expect these two statements to be equivalent: -re {^hi there} ... and: -re {^hi there} ...

But they are not.

I couldn't come up with a test case where escaping the space made
any actual difference.  (Just conceptual difference?)  Is there a
subtle case where the distinction matters?

Quentin


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]