This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
eCos 3.0 now available
- From: John Dallaway <john at dallaway dot org dot uk>
- To: eCos Announcements <ecos-announce at ecos dot sourceware dot org>
- Cc: eCos Discussion <ecos-discuss at ecos dot sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 10:22:03 +0100
- Subject: eCos 3.0 now available
March 30, 2009 -- THE INTERNET -- The maintainers of the eCos real-time
operating system today announced the availability of the eCos 3.0
release for free download.
eCos is a mature, highly-configurable free open source RTOS which is
ideally suited for deeply embedded applications where high performance
and a minimal hardware footprint are key requirements.
This stable release is the culmination of a substantial testing effort
and incorporates many contributions to the public eCos project which
have been previously available via the project's development repository
only. New run-time features include:
* Cortex-M, FR30 and 68K/ColdFire architectural ports (extending
hardware compatibility to a total of 13 processor architectures)
* CAN, I2C, SPI, framebuffer, disk and ADC infrastructure
* Flash memory infrastructure revisions for improved flexibility
* a FAT filesystem implementation
* a port of the lwIP lightweight TCP/IP stack
* additional services for the eCos FreeBSD TCP/IP stack
* HAL and driver packages for many new processor variants, target
platforms and peripheral devices
* enhancements to the RedBoot bootstrap and debug firmware (based on
the eCos HAL)
* GCC 4 compatibility for improved code generation
eCos 3.0 also delivers stable eCos configuration tools which extend host
platform coverage to GTK+ 2.x on Linux and to Windows Vista.
Further details and download instructions are available at the eCos