This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
[Bug 1001850] New: Flash Driver for Cypress FM25VXX FRAM
- From: bugzilla-daemon at bugs dot ecos dot sourceware dot org
- To: unassigned at bugs dot ecos dot sourceware dot org
- Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 01:47:47 +0000
- Subject: [Bug 1001850] New: Flash Driver for Cypress FM25VXX FRAM
- Auto-submitted: auto-generated
Please do not reply to this email, use the link below.
Bug ID: 1001850
Summary: Flash Driver for Cypress FM25VXX FRAM
Target: freescale_twr_k60n512 (Freescale Kinetis TWR-K60N512)
Created attachment 2239
Cypress Flash support for FM25VXX FRAM on Kinetis
This is a working driver for Cypress FM25VXX FRAM for Kinetis K60 FXM.
Several things to note about its current status:
- Supports 256kB, 512KB, 1MB devices (tested with 512KB device)
- FRAM has no blocks, so the flash API is implemented as a single block device.
- Erase is implemented by writing 0xFF. It is not very time efficient, but it
is very memory efficient. If one really wants to erase, it will be much faster
to write 0xFF from your own larger buffer.
- It has a CDL setting to control the write block size if desired.
- It works with SPI polled mode, but does not completely work with SPI DMA
mode. A write followed by a read produces read data that has one 0x00 byte at
the beginning. This seems to be related to the underlying SPI code.
- The test code has been run in other application files and should work, but
the erase will be very slow. You can comment the erase and it should run. The
code is just a tweaked version of SST25 test code.
- Normal READ mode tested. FAST READ mode not tested.
- It has been used with an existing application and is reliable in polled mode
with normal READ mode.
- With the SPI speed set to 25Mhz, the actual frequency is 12.5Mhz. Increasing
SPI setting has no effect.
Issues that need resolving:
- DMA function
- SPI frequency
- Block erase strategy
- More testing
You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.