This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
eCos port/update for MIPS malta & sead3 platforms
- From: "Chiou, Charles" <charleschiou at mips dot com>
- To: "ecos-devel at ecos dot sourceware dot org" <ecos-devel at ecos dot sourceware dot org>
- Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2012 12:49:55 +0000
- Subject: eCos port/update for MIPS malta & sead3 platforms
I would like to submit patches to update the support for MIPS platforms on the
boards Malta and SEAD3. Specifically, the patches will:
- Update outdated drivers for proper hardware support on modern malta
- Support the SEAD3 board
- Retain compatibility with QEMU's malta emulator
- Support the newest mips-sde-elf-gcc toolchain (Sourcery CodeBench Lite 2012.03-64)
- Support running eCos in MicroMIPS
- Verified to boot from Yamon and u-boot
Since we only focused on booting from Yamon and u-boot, we only tested
RAM configurations. However, if RedBoot support is required, we can work with
the maintainer to get a clean patch in, too.
Please let me know how I can proceed with sending the patch upstream.