Re: Problem when make gcc cross compiler for MIPS platform

> > I am using cygwinB20, and I didn't update to B20.1. Since I find if I
just
> > run the setup.exe provided by cygwin website, it installs in a different
> > subdirectory architecture. Is it necessary to update to the new version?
>
> Yes. You need to be running at least cygwin 1.1. Take care to uninstall
> your old cygwin b20 installation before installing cygwin 1.1 - upgrades
> don't always work as expected :-/.

I update the cygwin to the B20.1 by reinstall it in d:\cygnus(I totally
remove the B20 version), to my surprise, this time the environment doesn't
work as I supposed. Even when I begin to confiugre, following error message
shows,

>> /src/gcc/egcs-20000424/configure
Configuring for a i686-pc-cygwin host.
Created "Makefile" in /src/build/gcc
/usr/bin/ld: cannot open crt0.o: No such file or directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** The command '/usr/bin/gcc -o conftest -g -O2   conftest.c' failed.
*** You must set the environment variable CC to a working compiler.

I tried to set "export CC=/usr/bin/gcc", the error message is the same!
The B20.1 has a totally different directory architecture, I installed it in
d:\cygnus, and it mounts as follows,

Device              Directory           Type         Flags
d:\cygnus\bin       /usr/bin            user         binmode
d:\cygnus\lib       /usr/lib            user         binmode
d:                  /                   user         textmode
\                   d:                  user         textmode

What is the correct snapshot gcc that will work, I tried 0501, 0508, 0425,
0530, etc. each of them has a different problem. I am a little bit lost.. :(

Best Regards,
-Ling