This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: [ECOS] Re: RE : [ECOS] Licence consideratios.
- From: Jonathan Larmour <jifl at eCosCentric dot com>
- To: Andrew Lunn <andrew at lunn dot ch>
- Cc: eCos Maintainers <ecos-maintainers at ecos dot sourceware dot org>
- Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 01:34:11 +0000
- Subject: Re: [ECOS] Re: RE : [ECOS] Licence consideratios.
- References: <20040316145729.GB31390@lunn.ch> <000301c40b6b$b0d064b0$7407a8c0@figuier> <20040316153617.GC31390@lunn.ch> <4059BB7E.9020100@eCosCentric.com>
Jonathan Larmour wrote:
This is the license in question. http://www.rtems.com/license/LICENSE
IANAL of course, but I believe it is incompatible:
Just saying "Incompatible" was imprecise. I meant incompatible with
contributing back. It's usable but only under the full GPL.
"[...] linking other
files with RTEMS objects to produce an executable application, does not
by itself cause the resulting executable application to be covered
by the GNU General Public License."
This will be linked with non-RTEMS objects. Therefore the full GPL would
apply, therefore it is not acceptable, sorry. We can put it up in our
contributions section, but not include it in the main source base.
No comments so I'll reply on ecos-discuss.
eCosCentric http://www.eCosCentric.com/ The eCos and RedBoot experts
>>>>> Visit us in booth 2527 at the Embedded Systems Conference 2004 <<<<<
March 30 - April 1, San Francisco http://www.esconline.com/electronicaUSA/
--["No sense being pessimistic, it wouldn't work anyway"]-- Opinions==mine