This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
Re: An IDE disk driver
- From: Iztok Zupet <iz at elsis dot si>
- To: Andrew Lunn <andrew at lunn dot ch>
- Cc: eCos patches <ecos-patches at ecos dot sourceware dot org>
- Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2004 21:14:40 +0200
- Subject: Re: An IDE disk driver
- Organization: Elsis d.o.o.
- References: <email@example.com> <20041017181002.GC18923@lunn.ch>
- Reply-to: iz at elsis dot si
On Sun, 2004-10-17 at 20:10 +0200, Andrew Lunn wrote:
> Hi Iztok
> I think ide_disk.h probably should be a private header file. I don't
> think you actually export anything for other packages to use.
I'll make it so.
> Making it private will help you with name space polution. You have a
> lot of things without cyg_ or CYG_ prefixes.
> Is SECTOR_SIZE fixed at 512 bytes by the IDE standard or could it be
> other values? Should this be controlled by CDL?
Up to now, I haven't seen anything else except CDROM with 2048 byte
sector. RedBoot has sector size defined in the header file, don't know
I think, the best way to do it is to control it by CDL.