This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the eCos project.
eCosCentric Cortex-M port contribution
- From: Nick Garnett <nickg at calivar dot com>
- To: ecos-discuss at ecos dot sourceware dot org
- Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 14:54:36 +0000 (GMT)
- Subject: [ECOS] eCosCentric Cortex-M port contribution
- Gcc: nnml:sent-mail
The eCosCentric Cortex-M port has now been checked in to the
The following packages have been added:
ecos.db and NEWS have also been updated.
See the various ChangeLogs for details.
There are a few points about this port:
- The internal flash driver is for the Version 2 driver
architecture. To use it you will need to check out the flash_v2
branch and merge it with the trunk. A proper merge of V2 into the
trunk is part of the eCos v3.0 work and is ongoing.
- Support for the NOR flash on the STM3210E board is also V2 based.
- There is currently no documentation for the HALs or drivers.
- A new ARM toolchain that supports the Cortex-M is available. This
toolchain contains a number of patches for code generation and GDB
These toolchains are available under
These will also become available at the usual mirror sites, see:
These tools will also be used in eCos v3.0 for targets based on the
ARM architecture HAL. eCosCentric already have patches to make the
tools work with the ARM HAL and will be providing those soon for
v3.0, so there is no need to do so separately.
- Copyright and License headers currently use the original format,
pending wholesale conversion to FSF copyright for v3.0.
Nick Garnett eCos Kernel Architect
eCosCentric Limited http://www.eCosCentric.com The eCos experts
Barnwell House, Barnwell Drive, Cambridge, UK. Tel: +44 1223 245571
Registered in England and Wales: Reg No: 4422071
Before posting, please read the FAQ: http://ecos.sourceware.org/fom/ecos
and search the list archive: http://ecos.sourceware.org/ml/ecos-discuss