Re: Confused by eCos packages.

Jason Thomas wrote:
   I've set up the gnutools, and eCos 2.0. I can select templates from the
configtool gui, and build eCos from the various templates provided. My
target system is a i386-elf based system, however the ethernet device
isn't an intel model, but instead an AMD pcnet.

You can't just pull in the pcnet driver. It has to have been, essentially, ported to the board (or perhaps in this case, a PC) in question. This lets the driver know where to access the board in RAM, or if it should detect it with PCI etc.

That's the source of your problems.

This page may help:
http://www.vsr.si/ecos/patches/vmWare-net.html

Sorry it isn't simpler for your particular case!

Visit us at Embedded World 2004, Nürnberg, Germany, 17-19 Feb, Stand 12-449